Power Electronics/Motor Control Engineer
Apply for this job
- Full time
- No deadline
About AlvaAlva was founded to meet the growing global energy demand with renewable technologies. We develop electric generators for production of clean energy and electric motors to convert this energy to motion. Our aim is to accelerate the worlds transition to green energy by making affordable customized electrical machines available to everyone.
Established in 2016, Alva has grown to more than ten people with a reliable funding and an ingenious and patented production technology with proven superiority over conventional alternatives. FiberPrinting™ enables production of low-weight, high-efficient motors and generators for a wide range of applications, reflecting our true purpose. We do not just enhance electric motors and generators. We enhance electric cars, ships and airplanes, UAVs, medical equipment, robots, satellites and so much more. We enhance the world.
We are currently engaged in several soft-funded, by European Commission and Norska Forskningsrådet, international projects within unmanned aerial vehicles, actuators and small wind turbines, and are now taking the step from R&D to commercialisation. We are therefore expanding our team to include several new positions, including a Power Electronics/Motor Control Engineer who will assure controllability of our products and develop electric machines based on our proprietary production technology.
The positionWe are searching for a Power Electronics/Motor Control Engineer which will have the responsibility to match our products with control electronics for reliable and smooth control, select and install test equipment for performance testing and do performance testing of our electric machine prototypes.
You will also learn about electromagnetic theory and be trained in motor design so you can be a integral part of the product development and perform design and optimisation of electric machine. You will also be a key-player in advancing our internally developed electric machine design and optimisation software technology. The position will become more specialised with time according to Alva's needs, and your skillset and interests.
For the position you required to have experience of power electronics and control systems of electric systems. The position will be highly versatile in the short-term, so you need to be a eager and fast learner which is motivated by novel challenges.
You will hold the major responsibility to assure that our products have high controllability and selection and installation of control systems both for internal testing of prototypes and for end-customers. High controllability of our products is essential to successfully launch us into a industrialisation and commercialisation phase, and to expand our customer base. You are expected to possess, or develop on your own initiative, the necessary skills and capabilities to succeed within your responsibility.
- Analysis, simulation and selection of motor controllers suitable for Alva's electric machines
- Sales support for selection of motor controllers and support customers at installation of Alva electric machines
- Selection, installation and commissioning of electronic/electric test equipment
- Performance testing of electric machines
- Electromagnetic design and optimisation of electrical machines
- Development of design/optimisation software
- Theoretical knowledge - You have strong understanding of power electronics and motor control theory of BLDC machines
- Coding experience - Python, Matlab etc
- Higher education - Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s preferred.
- Analytical - You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience - You have relevant experience of modelling, simulation and testing of electric motor controllers
- Motivated to improve - Ability to frequently evaluate your own performance, welcome criticism and reflect on your own reactions and thoughts.
- Knowledge and experience of design and development of electric machines
- Speaks and writes fluent Norwegian
- Practical experience of development and testing of prototype systems. E.g. Formula Student and Solar Race
Life at AlvaDo you want to pursue a meaningful vision together with a diverse and capable group of people, with the freedom to perform your work according to your personal preference?
You will become a part of a tight-knit and diverse group of highly motivated and skilled people with the ambition and desire to enhance products, change industries, and improve the quality of life for people all over the world.
We are a young company and we move fast. You will therefore enjoy the freedom of delivering the needed results in the way you see most suitable and you will have opportunity to choose your career path as the company grows. We have the ambition to create a balanced work-environment where leisure and recreation is encouraged to assure a healthy team.
Aside from an intriguing opportunity and a welcoming work environment, we offer competitive salary and stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
+46 7218 42 331